Way more than just video interviews.
Our interview intelligence guides you through the entire interview process, so you find your next great teammate—effectively and equitably.
“Having the ability to record and share interview clips with our hiring teams has been a game-changer in getting good candidates into the process and speeding up our time to hire.”
“Pillar is a huge opportunity for us to be completely confident about the fairness and effectiveness of our assessments. It is an invaluable tool for coaching, developing and supporting our newer interviewers on the team.”
A live interview platform is a software or online tool that enables employers to conduct interviews with candidates remotely in real time. With the advancement of technology, many companies are now opting for virtual interviews using live interview platforms instead of traditional in-person interviews.
Online interview platforms, also known as video interview apps have gained popularity due to their convenience and cost-effective nature. They allow employers to connect with candidates from anywhere in the world with as little as a device with a camera and a Wi-Fi connection.
Technology has come a long way, and so have online interviews. The use of live interview platforms has revolutionized the hiring process and has become a prominent tool in the recruitment process. Here are some pros and cons of using an online interview platform.
Pros of Using a Live Interview Platform:
- Convenience: With an online interview platform, employers do not have to worry about coordinating schedules or arranging for a physical interview space. This makes the hiring process more convenient and saves time for both parties.
- Cost-effective: Online interviews eliminate the need for travel expenses, which can save companies a significant amount of money in the recruitment process.
- Global reach: With an online interview platform, employers can connect with candidates from anywhere in the world, making it easier to access a diverse pool of talent.
- Efficient screening process: Online interviews allow employers to screen a large number of candidates quickly and efficiently, using features such as video recording and playback.
- Improved candidate experience: Candidates appreciate the flexibility and convenience of virtual interviews, leading to a positive candidate experience that reflects well on the company.
Cons of Using a Live Interview Platform:
- Technical difficulties: As with any technology, there is always the possibility of technical difficulties that can disrupt the interview process.
- Lack of personal connection: Virtual interviews may lack the personal connection and rapport that can be established in an in-person interview.
- Limited non-verbal cues: In a virtual interview, it may be more challenging to pick up on non-verbal cues such as body language and facial expressions, which can affect the accuracy of candidate evaluation.
- Potential for bias: The use of technology in the hiring process can inadvertently introduce biases, leading to potential discrimination against certain candidates.
These last couple of cons can be mitigated or completely eliminated with the use of interview intelligence software. Solutions like Pillar give you the benefits of an AI-powered platform and human connection- automating the tasks that don't require a human touch without making the interview process feel impersonal or sacrificing the candidate experience (CX).
Being a video interview software provider, we're asked constantly about the best video interview platforms. Which ones work the best together? Which ones offer the best data? Which ones are the most popular? Which one is the best? Well, ours frankly- and we can give you one hundred reasons why, but you aren't here to listen to a shameless plug, you're here to get answers. And, this is the uncomfortable truth- these questions don't have a definitive answer. The "best" video interview software depends on your specific needs and preferences.
That being said, here are some factors to consider when choosing a video interview platform:
- User-friendly interface: A good video interview platform should be intuitive and easy to use for both the interviewer and the candidate.
- Compatibility: Make sure that your chosen video interview platform is compatible with different devices and browsers to ensure a smooth interviewing process for all parties involved. And, more importantly, it's compatible with all of the other hiring platforms you need to do your job well.
- Customization options: Look for a platform that allows you to customize the interview process according to your company's specific needs, such as adding custom questions or branding.
- Security measures: In today's data-driven world, it's essential to choose a video interview software that prioritizes security and protects sensitive information.
- Technical support: In case of any technical difficulties, it's crucial to have access to reliable technical support from the video interview software provider.
There are numerous solutions on the market that may fit your needs and in the end, that's what matters most. The first thing that you may want to consider is the stack you need in place for the most effective and efficient hiring process. Once you have that down, the choice becomes easier.
We recommend that you begin with an ATS system. Applicant tracking systems are essential for managing the hiring process, and they integrate well with many video interview platforms. Once you've chosen your ATS, you'll need an AI sourcing solution, digital assistant, interview intelligence software, video interview platforms, and an onboarding platform.
This list of tools will integrate to create a seamless hiring process that decreases time-to-hire, increases quality of hire, and eliminates biases. By adding new technology like a live interview platform to your recruitment process, you'll be able to attract top talent and make more informed hiring decisions.
Online interview platforms offer a range of features and services that can be tailored to fit different industries and company sizes. In fact, there are even several types of online interview platforms. Two of the most popular are one-way video interview platforms and live video interviewing platforms. One-way video interviews involve the candidate recording responses to pre-set questions, while a live video interview is conducted in real time with both parties present.
One-way video interviews can be beneficial for initial screenings, saving time and effort in the early stages of the hiring process, but are generally less effective as the candidate moves through the applicant funnel. This interview style is also known as a pre-recorded interview as the candidate is sending a video response to the recruiter, hiring manager, or HR.
Live video interviews, on the other hand, are more suitable for later in the process, hiring manager interviews, panel interviews, and final round interviews where personal interaction and communication skills are crucial to assess cultural fit and overall suitability for the role.
Either option can be a great asset when used properly, so it's essential to consider your specific needs and objectives when choosing an online interview platform. And with the constant advancements in technology, we can only expect more innovative solutions to emerge in the future, making the hiring process even more efficient and effective.
The thing to remember when choosing between more than 300 options is that you don't want to be an early adopter (as we've seen with platforms showing interview bias), but not too late either. That sweet spot in the middle is where you need to aim for, and we believe Pillar has found that balance. Our platform offers a blend of AI technology and human interaction, resulting in a seamless and personalized recruitment experience for both candidates and employers.
So we've covered the best interview platforms, and the differences between live and one-way video interview platforms, now let's talk about the benefits of the video interviewing software itself. Pillar has a library of interview questions built into the platform to help you prepare for each interview. These questions are specific to the roles that you're hiring for and can be added to an interview with just a few clicks. If you'd like to customize them, you can easily do so as you add each question to the queue- which will prompt you during the interview.
Additionally, our video interviewing software utilizes AI technology to analyze candidate responses and gather insights on communication skills, personality traits, and potential biases. This allows for more objective decision-making in the hiring process.
Our platform also offers automation and scheduling tools that sync with your calendar, allowing for seamless coordination between multiple interviews including automated candidate introductions and more. All of these things exist to help you make better hires.
In conclusion, choosing the right live interview platform and video interviewing software for your recruitment process is crucial for attracting top talent and making informed hiring decisions. Consider your specific needs, research different options, and don't be afraid to try out a few before making your final decision. One of the best ways to see how a tool will behave is to take it for a test drive. Trial it, see if it meets your requirements, and if it does, make the investment. Your company's hiring success depends on it.
If our team can help you on the journey to building a better team, we'd love to serve you. Over the last 12 months we've helped companies lower turnover by 50%, we've helped customers increase diversity hiring by as much as 59%, and done all of this while helping teams lower their time-to-hire and costs-to-hire. If this combination sounds like it could benefit you, book your demo today. Let us help you build a "cream-of-the-crop" team that's more diverse with our comprehensive online interview platform. Together, we can take your hiring process to the next level.