Way more than just video interviews.
Our interview intelligence guides you through the entire interview process, so you find your next great teammate—effectively and equitably.
“Having the ability to record and share interview clips with our hiring teams has been a game-changer in getting good candidates into the process and speeding up our time to hire.”
“Pillar is a huge opportunity for us to be completely confident about the fairness and effectiveness of our assessments. It is an invaluable tool for coaching, developing and supporting our newer interviewers on the team.”
Talent Acquisition tools seem to be everywhere today. G2 lists more than 13 different categories of "hiring" or "recruiting software platforms," including more than 600 different individual options. In fact, there are more than 100 different solutions within the category of AI-powered recruitment tools alone. If you're confused about which one is right for you and your team, or overwhelmed by the number of options, you have every right to be, and you're not alone.
The market for recruiting software has expanded rapidly in recent years. As workforce shortages in key industries grow, companies are increasingly prioritizing their talent acquisition strategies and the tools that support their rapid growth. More and more organizations are turning to tech solutions to help them find the best candidates. This trend is driven by a number of factors:
- High competition for top talent: With unemployment rates at historic lows, the war for talent is more intense than ever. To get ahead, businesses are looking for innovative ways to find and attract the best candidates.
- Need for efficiency: Time spent on hiring processes can greatly impact other areas of business operations. Companies are looking for ways to streamline their recruiting processes in order to save time and resources.
- Data-driven decisions: With access to vast amounts of data, businesses are increasingly looking to use analytics and insights to drive their recruiting strategies. This has led to the development of advanced AI-powered recruitment tools.
- Remote work: With the rise in remote work, businesses are now competing on a global scale for talent. Recruiting software can help companies tap into wider talent pools and find the right candidates, regardless of location.
This brings us to the question, "In a very large pool of options, how do you find the best talent acquisition software for your needs?" The honest answer is it's going to take a little bit of work, some trial and error, and a list of requirements to do your job well.
Happily, the best recruiting software all share similar traits. Here are some qualities to look for when evaluating potential solutions:
- User-friendly interface: A good recruiting software platform should be easy to navigate and use, even for non-tech-savvy users. This ensures that all team members can effectively utilize the tool.
- Customizable features: Each company has unique needs and processes when it comes to talent acquisition. Look for a platform that allows for customization to fit your specific requirements.
- Integration capabilities: The recruiting software should be able to seamlessly integrate with other HR tools and systems, such as applicant tracking systems and onboarding platforms.
- Mobile accessibility: With the increasing use of mobile devices, it's important for recruiting software to have a mobile-friendly interface that allows users to access the platform on the go.
- Data security: As recruiting software handles sensitive personal information, it's crucial for the platform to have strong security measures in place to protect data.
- Customer support: Look for a vendor that provides reliable customer support and training to ensure smooth implementation and ongoing use of the software.
- Price: Of course, budget is always a factor in decision-making. Look for a solution that offers value for money and fits within your budget.
In addition to these qualities, it's important to consider the specific features and capabilities of each platform. Some may have advanced AI technology, while others may prioritize social media recruiting or offer unique job posting options. It's essential to assess your recruitment needs and identify which features are most important to you.
Ultimately, the right talent acquisition software for your company will depend on a variety of factors. Be sure to thoroughly research and test out different options to find the best fit for your team's specific needs. With the right recruiting software in place, you can streamline your hiring process, save time and resources, and land top talent.
At Pillar, we've been at the forefront of AI hiring. With our interview intelligence software, teams save thousands of hours and potentially millions of dollars in hiring costs and employee turnover. Check out our savings calculator to see how much time and money your team could be saving.
In today's world, there are few recruitment platforms that will offer you effective sourcing to onboarding functionality, and most of these full-stack options are enterprise-level and unaffordable to the average startup or SMB. This means that you'll be selecting from a number of recruiting software examples to create a hiring tech stack to meet your unique hiring needs.
Here's an example "hiring tech stack" to help guide your selection process:
1. Candidate Sourcing
2. Digital Assistance
3. Video Interview platform
4. Interview intelligence software
5. Assessment Solution or Personality Testing Platform
6. Onboarding Solution
And, this is just a basic list. There are a plethora of other hiring tools (as we mentioned in the previous section) that you may want to add depending on your specific needs and preferences. This is why it's essential to thoroughly research and test different platforms before making a decision.
Some popular recruitment platforms for employers include:
LinkedIn Talent Solutions: With over 700 million users, this platform is an obvious choice for talent acquisition. It offers various features such as job postings, candidate search, and employer branding options.
Glassdoor: This platform combines job postings with company reviews and ratings from current and former employees. It's a great way to showcase your company culture and attract top talent.
Lever: This platform offers a modern and user-friendly interface, along with features such as candidate sourcing, interview scheduling, and team collaboration.
Pillar: As mentioned earlier, Pillar specializes in AI-powered interview intelligence software that helps streamline the hiring process, empowering you to make better hiring decisions faster to save time and resources.
These are a few of the best platforms for employers, but there are many more. In addition to these popular options, there are many other recruitment platforms available on the market with various features and pricing plans- which is why it's important to carefully consider your needs and budget to find the best fit for your company, industry, and team.
As we've discovered, "Software for the recruitment process" is a large complex topic, with many options to choose from- but that doesn't mean it has to be daunting. The top recruiting platforms usually offer demos, trials, and other ways to sample their services so you can see firsthand how they can benefit your hiring process. Additionally, many platforms offer customer support and training to ensure a smooth transition and ongoing use of the software.
Another easy way to simplify the decision process is by narrowing the best hiring platforms for employers by company size and industry. This is the fastest way to "knock a few options" off the list and make the choice a bit easier. Many of the best options only work with specific industries or company sizes. Examples of this would be solutions like HackerRank and Codility which only offer assessment tools for software developers and engineers.
Next, talent acquisition software should take as many things off your plate as possible- let's face it, you're already busy, and the last thing you need is a platform to add to your already overwhelming task list each day. The recruiting software platforms will offer features that streamline the process, such as automating job postings, sourcing candidates from multiple platforms, and even conducting initial interviews on your behalf. This frees up valuable time for you to focus on other aspects of your job.
Finally, look for a solution that integrates into every other tool in your hiring tech stack. In hindsight, we probably should've put this first as it's a vital factor early in the decision-making process. Make sure that the tools you're considering are compatible with your current systems and will seamlessly integrate into your recruitment process. This integration not only saves time but also helps to maintain consistency and efficiency throughout the hiring journey.
Ultimately, the right recruiting platform for your company will depend on your specific needs, budget, and hiring goals. With careful consideration of these factors, you can find the top recruiting platform that meets your unique needs, budget, and hiring goals.
If you've been considering adding interview intelligence software to your stack or making a change from the tool you're using currently, give Pillar a try! Our solution is powered by AI and offers a range of features to streamline your hiring process and help you make better, data-driven decisions. Visit our website to learn more and book your demo today. Your future hires (and your time and resources) will thank you! Let's work together to make finding top talent easier, faster, and more efficient.